Club Safety Guidelines:
Safety is very important to us - see guidelines within this site.
Listed below is the required Kit necessary for each trip along with the Club Rules and Club Ethos.
- Strong Waterproof Walking Boots
- Suitable Warm Clothing
- Hat & Gloves
- Waterproof Jacket
- Waterproof Over Trousers
- Spare Change of Dry Clothing (Fleece, leggings, Socks)
- Hot/Cold Drink
- Adequate Food for the Duration of the Hike
- Emergency Rations i.e. Sweets, Chocolate
- Map & Compass
- Whistle attached to the outside of your rucksack
- Torch & Spare Batteries
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Survival Bag
- Suitable Rucksack
- Two walking sticks/poles
Club Rules & Guidelines:
- The 1st Sunday from Sept to June is an “Open Day”. These are grade ‘C’ Walks which are designed to introduce participants to Hillwalking and Mountain Craft.
- Participants on an Open Sunday walk may join the club at the end of the walk, or on their next Walk with the club. Then they will be required to pay their club fees which includes MI Membership and the Insurance Fee. They should have the kit specified by the Safety Committee.
- MCI Insurance runs from November 1st to October 31st.
- It is advised that new members take part in ‘C’ and ‘B’ Grade walks until they are fit and competent enough for the tougher ‘A’ Grade walks.
- New members are encouraged to attend the Navigation Class which is run in March/April.
- All members must should comply with club rules and environmental Ethos.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian, who must be a fully paid up member of the club. There is a reduced rate for under 18s.
- With the exception of Open Sundays only fully paid up members can participate in club events. Any members not complying with the Safety Committee Rules will not be permitted to take part in club events.
- No alcohol or other illegal substances are permitted on club walks.
- In the interest of safety and the cultivation of the goodwill of landowner’s dogs are not permitted on club walks or events.
- Fees paid for club events and outings are not refundable.
- If you are getting a lift to/from a club walk don’t forget to share the petrol expenses with the driver.